I knew it would happen at some point. This has been making the blog world rounds and now I've been tagged by Liz. So here goes!
Post these rules.
Post a photo and the eleven random things.
Answer the questions provided by the one who tagged you.
Create eleven new questions for the people you tag.
Go to their blog (or Facebook or Twitter) and tell them they’ve been tagged.
My 11 Things:
1. My first language is Polish, and I arrived in Canada on a boat landing in Montreal, Quebec.
2. I've watched the new Battlestar Galactica tv show with the Ronald D. Moore podcast commentaries...twice. Yup, I know.
3. I'm a board game fanatic - I play 7 Wonders, Civilization, Carcassonne, BSG, and yes even Twilight Imperium. This goes with number 4...
4. I'm slightly addicted to Civilization the computer game. Love playing it and spend a lot of time doing so. I've owned every version of the game since it first came out.
5. I've seen every single episode of every single Star Trek show ever. At least several times and can quote from many of them,
6. I study martial arts - Kung Fu and Tai Chi and own several swords - some of which are fully functional and 'battle ready.'
7. I bite my nails when I'm stressed out or insecure. It's a habit that I've gotten under control over the last ten years, but it still sometimes comes out during times of stress and pressure.
8.. My first crushes were: Luke Skywalker, and David Bowie from Labyrinth.
9. My current crush is Dr. Gregory House - not Hugh Laurie, the character he plays.
10. I would love to be on a procedural drama like House, or Criminal Minds.
11. I secretly, or not so secretly, want to look like Audrey Hepburn.
1. Do you have any phobias?
Fear of heights, and fear of confined spaces.
2. What is your proudest accomplishment?
The fact that I've been self-sufficient, and supporting myself since I was 19. I'm fiercely independent and pride myself on my ability to stand on my own two feet.
This would have to be tied with surviving the first year of parenthood - I don't handle sleep deprivation well.
3. What is your biggest regret?
That I didn't finish my Undergrad when I was there. I did go back three years later, but looking back I wish I had stayed at the time and finished my education at one go.
4. Why do you blog?
ModaMama started as a way to get motivation and be accountable for getting dressed each day, but since then it has evolved into a daily writing and photography outlet.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To challenge myself creatively in my acting and photography. I want to take on challenge roles, and do more shoots - both pro bono and paid.
6. What 3 things would you bring to a deserted island?
A flint - to start a fire; a small metal pot, or big metal cup - to cook things in and boil water; a good hunting knife. Maybe you can tell I've been watching marathons of Man vs. Wild?
7. How any countries have you traveled to?
17: Cuba, Dominican Republic, U.S.A., England, Scotland, Poland, Germany, The Netherlands, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Monaco, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Turkey, and Greece.
8. How do you deal with drama in the blog world?
Unplug and put things into perspective.
9. What are your top 3 favorite blogs?
The Clothes Horse: love her feminine style and inspiration in putting things together
Keiko Lynn: her style is so different from my own but truly unique and pushes me outside my comfort zone.
Kendi Everyday: Easy, functional, and practical. She's so much more grown up and sophisticated than me!
10. Flats or heels?
I love heels, but they're just not practical running around with a toddler, so moderate heels or flats.
11. What is your favorite fashion season?
Summer! No question. I love easy, flowy summer dresses and the hot breeze on my skin. Nothing else beats it.
I tag - Chelsea, Melissa, Hanna, Linda and Ilene. I like the questions that I was asked, so I'm sticking with them.